CCTV Chimney Inspection
With our state-of-the-art CCTV chimney survey equipment and experienced staff, you can count on an accurate diagnosis. What’s more? You will get a detailed report on the result of the chimney inspection! Remember, an accurate diagnosis is the key to finding the best solution to a chimney problem. So, choose us to ensure that a comprehensive inspection is carried out!
When to get a CCTV Survey:
- If you have recently had a chimney fire it is important to have the condition of the chimney inspected. Following a chimney fire the chimney liners could be damaged and need to be inspected to ensure the chimney is in a safe condition to use.
- If you have moved into a new house and would like to find out the condition of the flue.
- If you are experiencing chimney problems such as the smell of smoke in the room where the fire is lighting or in another room or upstairs when the fire is lighting.
- If there are visible cracks or smoke spillage marks on walls surrounding the chimney breast or chimney stack.
- If you are changing appliance it is a good idea to have the chimney inspected prior to the new installation.
- To determine the condition of the flue creosote buildup etc.
- For an insurance claim to proceed.
What is involved with a chimney survey:
Once an appointment is made our survey engineer will arrive to carry out the CCTV survey. Depending on the property the survey could be carried out from the fireplace up or alternatively from the chimney pot down. Prior to the CCTV chimney survey the chimney flue will be swept to remove all soot in order for the camera to get a proper visual inspection of the chimney flue.
Upon completion, our engineer will review and assess the footage before compiling a detailed report on the condition of the chimney.The report issued is certified and is accepted by all insurance companies that operate in Ireland. Access Chimneys has an excellent working relationship with insurance companies and are available to liaise with you and your insurance adjuster to undertake any remedial work should you decide to retain us.